Awards and distinctions for the city of Gliwice
- The Best Public Space of the Silesian Province 2010 in the category of “City Planning” for the developed area at the Gliwice Radio Station and honorary distinctions in the category “Architecture” for the indoor swimming pool “Olimpijczyk”
- First place (ex aequo with Poznań) in a list “Innovative Local Authorities” prepared within the scheme of Rankings of Local Authorities of the Rzeczpospolita daily 2009
- The title of a “Reliable Ecopartner”
- Seventh place in the Investment Ranking of Local Authorities in the category of a city with county rights. The ranking was prepared by the Territorial Authorities Magazine “Wspólnota”
- Third place in the Ranking of Local Authorities of the Rzeczpospolita daily in the field of innovations in the category of cities with county rights
- The title of a “Leader of Clean Production for the year 2005”, granted by the “Polish Movement of Cleaner Production” Association. This distinction is granted to organizational units in recognition of their achievements and successes in the field of Cleaner Production
- Seventh place in the ranking of the Territorial Authorities Magazine “Wspólnota” – “Success of the 2002-2006 Term of Office” in the category of cities with county rights
- The best in a competition “Medal Deserving Company” in the category of “Investor in sports and recreation facilities”. The distinction was granted for “the initiative of the reconstruction and modernization of the artificial ice rink “Tafla” in Gliwice and for activities for the development of the modern sports and recreational infrastructure within the territory of the city of Gliwice, and in doing so for the development of sports and recreation among children, teenagers and the local community”. The organizer of the competition is the Polish Club of Sports Infrastructure.
- Second place in the “Twelve Gold Cities” in recognition of investments and local development in the period 2001-2003. The diploma was granted by the Regional Research Centre and the Rzeczpospolita daily.
- Silesian Oscar 2004 granted on 14 January 2005 to the City of Gliwice – “a status of one worthy of what is best in Silesia and what is best for Silesia”, by the Jury of the Promotional Emblem of a Silesian Oscar.
- Title Patron of the Polish Ecology granted to the city of Gliwice in 2002 by the Jury of the Ecological Competition “Environment-Friendly” organized under the honorary patronage of the President of the Republic of Poland, Aleksander Kwaśniewski
- Title “Environment-Friendly Municipality” granted to the city of Gliwice in 2001 by the President of the Republic of Poland, Aleksander Kwaśniewski
- Distinction in the competition “Self-Government Education 2000” granted in 2001 by the Educational Foundation “University for Communes”, Warsaw University and Centre of Studies in Territorial Self-Government and Local Development
- Title “Environment-Friendly Municipality” granted by the President of the Republic of Poland, Aleksander Kwaśniewski, pursuant to a decision of the Programme Council of the Polish-Austrian-German Ecological Conference EKO-TECH.
- Distinction in a competition “For the best solution limiting the low emissions” granted by PPU ENERGO-INVEST and the Foundation SILESIA.
Awards, distinctions and certificates for the Municipal Office in Gliwice
- The Best Intranet in 2010 in the Competition INTERNALE 2010 (in the category: Public Administration, Self Governments and Non-Governmental Organizations). The Office also received a distinction in another category – The greatest innovations in intranets .
- A finalist of the competition IT Leader COMPUTERWORLD 2009, in the category of the public sector. The jury granted the distinction in recognition of the effective application of advanced IT technologies in the every-day activities.
- The title of “Innovation Leader 2008", for the project “Mass Payments Identification System”
- Management System Certificate for the Municipal Office in Gliwice, confirming that the integrated quality, environment, occupational health and safety management system in the organization fulfils the requirements of the standards PN EN ISO 9001: 2001,PN-EN ISO 14001:2005, PN-N-18001:2004 in the field of activities: public administration
- A distinction “Commitment to Advancement” within the scheme of the award “EFQM for the local and regional public administration”
- Certificate “Self-government investing in modern management” granted on the basis of a self-evaluation concerning the condition of the institutional development
- Finalist in the competition “Management Leader” in the category “Friendly Office” for “Innovative solutions in the internal communication” and in the category “Development supporting self-government” for the “Gliwice Rescue Centre”
- Integrated Management System Certificate for the Municipal Office in Gliwice, confirming the fulfilment of the requirements of the standards PN-EN ISO 9001/2001 “Quality management system”, PN-EN ISO 14001 “Environment management system”, PN-N-18001 “Occupational safety and health management system”
- Brown laurel of the Self Governmental Education in the category of offices employing over 80 people granted by the Foundation for the Development of Local Democracy and the Territorial Authorities Magazine “Wspólnota”
- Distinction for training in 2001 the largest number of employees, granted by the Foundation for the Development of Local Democracy
- Diploma of a laureate of the 3rd edition of the competition “Leader in the human resources management” granted by the Institute of Labour and Social Studies
- Title of a laureate of the 8th Edition of the Polish Quality Award in the category “Public Organizations”
- 2nd place in the competition “Silicon Commune” in the category “Municipalities” for the Municipal Office
- Title “Investor in Human Capital” granted to the Municipal Office in Gliwice
- For the second time – “Golden Website” for the website of the Municipal Office in Gliwice in a competition for the best website of a commune/municipality or a county, organized within the scheme of the 7th Investment Forum SILESIA
- Award “Golden Website” for the website of the Municipal Office in Gliwice, granted during the 6th Investment Forum SILESIA with reference to a competition for the best website of a self government in the province of Silesia
- Title of the “Best Website” according to Polskie Książki Telefoniczne, sp. z o.o. for the website of the Municipal Office in Gliwice
- Distinction in the 7th Edition of the Polish Quality Award Competition in the category “Large Enterprises” – the Municipal Office receives it as the first and only public administration office in Poland
- Quality Assurance System Certificate according to the standard PN-EN ISO 9001/1996 “Quality assurance system” for the Municipal Office in Gliwice, comprising the “full scope of administrative services, designing new services and supervision over the municipal services provided”
- Award of the Minister of Interior and Administration in the field of “Organizational Innovations” for the City Secretary, Ms. Halina Michniewska, for special achievements in the scope of modern organizational, information and IT solutions implemented in the Municipal Office in Gliwice
Awards and distinctions granted to the Mayor of Gliwice
- An award in the competition “Forcing Out Open Doors 2010” in the category “Active Informing”. The Association of Leaders of Local Civic Groups appreciated the interactive map of the districts of the Municipal Council, published in the Public Information Bulletin
- Title “Pillar of the SILESIAN ECONOMY 2009” for the contribution in the development of the self governmental concepts and implementation of social and economic programmes in Gliwice, as well as activities supporting the regional policy
- Honorary Golden Badge of the 15th Anniversary of the Regional Chamber of Commerce for the merits in the support and development of self-regulatory organizations in Poland. Granted by the Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- The Grzegorz Palka Award established by the National League Association, granted for building the regional policy and effective management of the city of Gliwice
- Title “Personality of Silesia ‘2003” – the second position in the plebiscite conducted among the inhabitants of Silesia by the Gazeta Wyborcza daily and the company of Lufthansa
- The W. Korfanty Promotional Award established by the Upper Silesian Union in 2000 for the personal contribution in the restructuring of the economy of Gliwice and the development of the city
- “Place in the Lodge of Leaders 1998” granted by the Editorial Board of the Trybuna Śląska daily for courage, effectiveness and innovativeness
- “Man of the Gliwice Land” – a title granted in 1998 by readers of the local weekly Nowiny Gliwickie
- “Municipal Boot for Self-Governmental Toil” – an award of the Territorial Authorities Magazine Wspólnota in 1996
- “Honey 1995” – diploma granted by the Dziennik Zachodni daily for favouring journalists and a kind-hearted approach to their work